Porto is a lovely city and great for a weekend getaway. We were lucky to visit the city guided by two passionate locals and we loved it! Here are the top 9 things you cannot miss if you’re visiting Porto.
1. Discover Avenida dos Aliados, the main avenue with the City Hall on top.
2. Visit Estação de São Bento, one of the world’s most beautiful train stations.
3. Cross Ponte D. Luís I by foot and enjoy the beautiful view of the city.
4. Visit Sé do Porto, a cathedral from the 12th century.
5. Walk by the riverfront Cais da Ribeira and absorb the magic atmosphere.
6. Watch the sunset at Miradouro das Virtudes.
7. Visit Lello Bookstore, one of the most beautiful bookstores in the world.
8. See Porto from the sky at Clérigos Tower.
9. Go to the beach. Just go for a walk, to get some sun, or for the most adventurous, dive in the sea or try one of the watersports.